Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 4: Genesis 35:28-45:15; 1 Chronicles 1:35-2:6, 2:8

What do I do when I am mistreated?

Scripture:
Genesis 45:4-5
And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
Observation:
Today's reading went into the detail of Joseph and his brothers. Over and over and over again Joseph endured being mistreated and lied about.  He nearly lost his life, was sold as a slave, and was thrown into prison.  Through it all, he remained faithful to God. 

Application: 
How many times have I complained to God instead of letting Him use me through my suffering?  God knows the ending.  He can see through all that is going to happen to us and orchestrate everything for our good and for His glory.  Like Joseph, I need to look for those ways that God can use my miserable circumstances for the good of others and God.

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Please humble me and set my sight on You.  Help me to dwell on the good that can come from our circumstances instead of wallowing in self-pity. You have our life all planned out for our good.  Help us to cooperate with Your plans and not to hinder ourselves.

8/23/12

No comments:

Post a Comment