Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 2: Genesis 15:1--25:26; 1 Chronicles 1:28-34

How do I serve others?

Scripture:
Genesis 24:18-21

And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.
And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking.
And she hasted, and emptied her pitcher into the trough, and ran again unto the well to draw water, and drew for all his camels.
And the man wondering at her held his peace, to wit whether the LORD had made his journey prosperous or not.

Observation:
Abraham's servant set out to find the perfect wife for Isaac. He prayed for a sign and Rebekah passed the test with flying colors, even before he was done praying. Not only did she fulfill the prayed-for sign of giving water to the camels, but she said she would water the camels until they were done drinking. It is said that a thirsty camel can drink around 50 gallons of water.  There were 10 camels, so that makes approximately 500 gallons of water.  That is a lot of water to draw from a well.

Application: 
When people ask me for something, do I give them the bare minimum (or not what they asked for)?  When God asks me for something, do I ... ?  Am I supposed to do something to help answer someone's prayer?  Can God use me, or does He have to use a backup plan for the times I don't follow through. I should not barely follow through. 

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Help me to cheerfully serve You and my fellow beings.  Help me to put your desires first and to willingly serve and give more than is asked.

8/20/12

No comments:

Post a Comment