Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 1: Genesis 1-14; 1 Chronicles 1:1-27

The theme for this section that jumped out at me was all of God's promises.

Scripture:
Genesis 12:1-3
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Observation:
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." could sum up the first few chapters of Genesis.  God created His perfect world.  Perfection.  He had a perfect plan for us and promises.  His first two children messed up, and it was basically downhill from there until God destroyed His once-perfect world.  Then, a promise in the sign of a rainbow.  Starting over. Imperfect people. Another promise to Abram.

Application: 
God has made promises to me.  Even though I fail over and over, He is still there, waiting. God is just waiting to pour out His promises on me.  That is what He wants to do.  As I wish the very best for my children, He wants the very best for me.  He has provided me with all the opportunities, I just need to grasp hold of Him and accept what He wants to give me.

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Open my eyes.  Help me to see what You have been showing me all along.  Even though I haven't always been willing, I have been able through Your Son to do everything You created me to do. Help me and prompt me to do Your will so I can bask in Your perfect promises.

8/15/12

No comments:

Post a Comment